Sunday, December 21, 2008

Weird mood...but also some pictures!






Gosh I have been in such a funk all week. Holiday blues? Aww, I've wallowed enough! I've never going to shake it off it if I don't try to do something about it. 

Anyway, I have several projects for you all to see! The other day I went with one of my friends to this cute little yarn shop and picked up some interesting skeins. One is a 20/80 silk merino blend in a coppery brown, a 50/50 silk merino in a gorgeous shimmery blue that I can't think of a pattern nice enough to use it in, and a skein of superfine alpaca. 

The alpaca was the easiest to make into a pattern. I tried the calorimetry pattern once again with excellent results this time! I did run out of yarn at the very end, but I just used a scrap to finish it up and I don't think it it very noticeable. Also, I found a cute celtic knot button at Joanns.

The next thing I made were these cute fingerless gloves. The silk really defines the stitches well. These look kind of funny on my chubby hands but they are still very cute. I think that I will end up giving these away as a gift.

Know I just can't find a good pattern to use this Silkdream yarn in. Maybe I will use it in something with cables? It's such a beautiful color, and I know that it will have great stitch definition. I will have to keep it in the vault for a while, lol!

In other news, I am still looking for my Seacoast yarn. I have looked at the company website and found several shops that sell the yarn, but none that sell online. I might be able to phone one of the companies up and see if they will ship it to me. 

No comments: