Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Finished my longest pair of Merino fingerless gloves




I've finished my longest pair of Merino fingerless gloves. They go all the way to my elbows! I will definitely post pictures tomorrow. I made these for my best friend's aunt who requested them at their holiday party. I hope that they will fit her. Apparently she has very thick arms. I thought that my arms were the maximum thickness that any woman's arms could be, so naturally I was not worried about the size when I knit them but now I am concerned. I also got a little lazy when I was binding off and weaving in the loose threads. What? I can't help it, I have made at least 6 pairs of these gloves the pattern just isn't all that interesting anymore.
Now I need to decide what to make next. I have been keeping some angora that I got from an estate sale. It's white so I will probably use it in something small and unlikely to be used all that often so it can stay stain free. I will have to look through my books!

No comments: