Thursday, December 11, 2008

Almost finished with Serena Cashmere Cowl


I am so excited about finishing this project! I would really love a cowl to wear for December and January. I think that it is going to be really cold this year. Actually I have to admit that at first I didn't really like the design this pattern was making but now that I have finished a few rounds I've started falling for it. My mom said that it reminded her of peacock feathers. 
I have to admit that it is not as soft as most of the Cashmere that I am used to. It must be because I spun the strands a little to tightly. Or perhaps the quality wasn't all that great. Still. it is much softer than your average acrylic and it is a very nice color. I do love greens but this green in particular has a lot of depth.
Now what should I pick out for my next project? I would really like to make a shawl for my friend Lauren. A lavender or baby blue would look really good on her. Argh, how many days until Xmas? I better get to work!!

No comments: