Friday, November 7, 2008

All new merino leg warmers






As of late my apartment has been very cold. I recently found a pair of size nine sixteen inch circular needles with 66 stiches of stockinette. For the life of me I couldn't remember what I was making at the time. I was too thin for a hat, to big for gloves. I thought it might have been a sleeve but I think if I had planned to make a sweater I would have bought more yarn. I have just two skeins of it. For a short time I thought it was a leg warmer which made me really excited. 

After I finished a few more rows I realized that it was way too big to make leg warmers but I have always liked the look of the loose ankle socks Japanese girls wear. With the thick proportions of my generous calves I have always had trouble finding socks big enough, so I decided to just make them into leg warmers.

All in all, the project was pretty boring. Strait stockinette with get to anyone after long enough, but I persevered.




Update: I thought that these would work but they are way too loose and fall off as soon as I start walking lol. I'm keeping them as pajamas for now but I may end up making them into something else.

No comments: