Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Delicious Domo cake with pictures!

Okay so I made this cake a few days ago but it was definitely blog worthy. Besides, I don't want anyone to miss out on the awesome Domo-kun.

Who is Domo-kun? Well, frankly, have you walked into a Target in the past few months? He's that brown toothy fellow that has been showing up on everything Halloween related. Well my friend loves him so I decided to make a cake for her!

Here's what he's made of:

Box of yellow cake + 3 eggs, 1 1/3 cups water, and 1/3 cup oil
Milk Chocolate frosting
Homemade Marshmallow Fondant + food coloring
Junior Mints (eyes)

Actually making the cake was pretty easy. I didn't use a mold for the body I just baked the cake in a square mold and cut away until I had a nice body shape. This way will generate some stray cake pieces but my brother and his friend made short work of those lol. 

The only hard part was making the Fondant. Man that stuff is sticky! Of course I couldn't find any pastry gloves so while I was mixing in the food coloring for the tongue so my hands got all red. 


Also, check out these awesome playing cards! They come in a really cute Domo-kun tin too! I got them for my friend and we spent the whole night trying to remember how to play speed and war, and how they were different. Strangely the only game that I can remember how to play is Egyptian Rat Screw.

No comments: