Monday, January 5, 2009

Sorry guys...

I have been really sick over the past few days. I'm starting to get better now but I still have really low energy. I'll be updating again soon! I promise.

While I was gone I made several knitted projects along with my very own homemade marshmallows! I took pictures for you to see but for some reason I can't find the cable for my camera. I remember seeing it a few days ago but I was way too tired to write anything then. I know! Lazy-lazy. Ahh here it is! Pictures will be uploaded in a few minutes.
Peek-a-boo!
This is a homemade tea cozy! They're not quite as popular here in America as they are in England, but the basic concept is that they are "sweaters" to keep your tea nice and warm! It can also double up as a beanie in an emergency, lol.
Whenever I think of a tea cozy I think they are haunted because of the short story the Haunted Tea Cozy by Edward Gory, lol.
I had the opportunity to drop by the local Japanese bookstore and treated myself to some beautiful origami paper. I really only remember how to make paper cranes and boxes. I was thinking about expanding my origami knowledge at some point. 
Now this little bracelet came out perfectly. Did you know that these knitted bangles are selling for as much as $180? They are so simple to make too! I found a guide online to make them but I ended up just winging it and it turned out fine. I really didn't like the stitch that the other pattern called for so I substituted with some cables and knit it in the round on some double pointed needles. I was using the remaining yarn from the fingerless gloves that I made a few weeks ago and did not have all that much yarn to work with. In the end I had to stretch to make it fit but the overall effect is quite nice.
Ahh... homemade marshmallows. I was inspired to make these after I tried the marshmallows the neighbor of my best friend from high school made. They are soft and oh so melt in your mouth! Now I had no idea that you could make your own marshmallows. For me, marshmallows were this bizarre confection that surely must be made with specialized equipment but that is so not true! All you really need is a hand mixer, a saucepan, and a couple of bowls and you are on your way to making your own delicious marshmallows!

No comments: